Thursday, June 13, 2013

I used to be a 'Baller'


I was just thinking about how I used to be  such a 'Baller' during the real estate boom of the early 2000's. I was In real estate back then as well. I was kinda a big deal. At least I thought I was. 

 I was laughing at myself because I was remembering eating at expensive restaurants, partying in expensive  night clubs, buying $200 jeans, driving $50,000 vehicles, wearing glamorous hair styles,  and going on expensive trips  Boy how times have changed. 

Now I cook homemade dinners, I just love Target, am happy driving a 10 year old car with no payments, go to bed at nine pm sleepy as heck (oh, and i say words like 'heck' now), my natural brown hair color still surprises my Mom - she had no idea what the true color of my hair was,  my trips are to my families mountain cabin, and if I could fit into those damn $200 jeans I would still be wearing them!  

Yep, times have changed. 

Well, I'm happy, healthy, and have loved ones around me. So in that sense nothing has changed. The things that matter are exactly the same.  What was truly important then is still what really matters now. Finding happiness and knowing how to enjoy it, being healthy and taking care of my body,  being good to those that love me and to those I love. 

Ah yes, life is good. But having great pair of jeans never hurts either! 

I am still a 'Balller'.  At least in in my own mind. And isn't that the only thing that matters? 

1 comment: